Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fulsome Charlie, the chameleon

 
 


He's been lurking in the buddliea for a few days, catching all the flies that have appeared since the rains and the resultant humidity. He's all plumped up, so the dining has been good. I saw my first ever proper bumble bee here and waved him away from the buddliea bush as I saw Charlie eyeing him up. If we're not quick enough he makes short work of the butterflies.
Posted by Picasa


Click on pictures for full screen view. Charlie got camera-shy by my second picture and he started climbing up and away with one eye cast backward....fascinating.

3 comments:

Sue Swift said...

I wonder if come spring a Charlotte will join him ... :)

Barbee' said...

Oh, no, Charlie, not the butterflies!

LadyLuz said...

Hi Barbie and Sue

Charlotte has arrived! Couldn't believe our luck when we saw stirring in the leaves. Maybe we will have babies....watch this space.

Will try to get pic of both in the buddliea.