Saturday, September 13, 2008

A change of Direction


It seems I’m not the only one thinking of winding up their gardening blog: I’ve read of two or three others intending to do the same thing. I’ve sometimes felt a bit restricted when I’ve written about other things , as if they shouldn’t be there. So after 5 years of gardening blogging, I’m about to diversify. The main gardening projects we’d planned have been finished: it's been a hard slog creating a beautiful area out of a wilderness and there is always more to do.

I may be back here now and again and I will certainly be visiting my blogging buddies from time to time. But for now it’s Adios from here and on to pastures new to ramble on about Everything and Nothing, as the fancy takes me. See you there…..maybe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that although I'm no Gardener myself, I have enjoyed following your blog LadyLuz and I will miss calling in for my dose of sunshine!

Thanks for your contributions.

OldRoses said...

I definitely understand. I ran out of things to say about my garden after three years. So I've started another blog focussing more on my photography, A Photographer's Garden. Let me know if you also start another garden related blog so I can add it to Garden Voices.

LadyLuz said...

Thanks to both of you for your support. Here is a link to the other one http://mipieenmiboca.blogspot.com/ - Everything and Nothing

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I wonder how I'd feel after 5 years of gardening blogging. There comes a time when one runs out of things to write on that subject I suppose so I entirely understand that you want to write about whatever takes your fancy. It's good to see that you've already started your new blog. I will link with your new one so we can keep in touch.

The new URL cracked me up, your foot in your mouth eh? Hmmmm LOL

Adios LadyLuz!

Anonymous said...

I totaly understand what you mean.
Sometimes i don't blog because i feel "stuck"

but i always enjoy reading your blog.
I wanted to share with you that Martha is having a blog contest. Perhaps you'd like to join in!

You can read about it HEREand post a comment.
Have fun!
~~Becky

Cheryl said...

I shall miss seeing your garden....it always fascinates me to watch what happens in other parts of the world, especially when the conditions are like yours....

still I understand, you have to do what you feel is right....best of luck with your new venture......

John said...

I enjoyed reading some of your blog..I will try to read more in the upcoming days. Great job!!!