Wednesday, January 24, 2007

AVOCADO....

I must show you this - and hope you can see it properly. It's been over 20 years since I last rooted an avocado. I put the pip in a narrow plastic, sherry-sampling glass with enough water to touch the base of the pip. Two cocktail sticks were balanced on either side and the whole lot put in a dark, warm cupboard for several weeks. In fact, I forgot about it until I was having a bit of a clean. Roots had formed and a tiny shoot showing from the side. It's now out in the light, awaiting re-potting.

1 comment:

Naturegirl said...

OHHH you must be so excited and to think you can now plant out in your garden and most likely have a tree!
So nice to see that you have visited my ~dear friend's blog~...she is the one who got me started blogging a year ago!hugs