Thursday, June 29, 2006

I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE FRUIT AND VEG!

The courgettes continue to quadruple in size whenever I turn my back. And I'm starting to hide from my neighbour now as he's talking about putting in more tomatoes in a protected area where we're putting in shrubs and trees, so that we have have Christmas tomatoes. Here is our very first melon and it was a wonderful feeling, standing in the sun, juices dribbling everywhere eating the sweet succulent flesh, not to mention the pip spitting competition!
The yellow plums are now ready to eat, just as I thought I'd cracked it with the red ones.

Good job we're having a pergola fiesta soon because it'll be "pick your own pud" in our jardin. Those, and bowls of water melon, should go down well. (Though lemon meringue pies will be hidden in the fridge as a surprise.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is fantastic. Such wonderful bounty from your garden.