Thursday, February 22, 2007


THEME FOR A MEME:

La Gringa has a lot to answer for!

Read her 5 things you don’t know about her and you’ll see why I’m deviating from the usual garden blogging……

I’ll try to keep this succinct as I rack my brains for a theme…… o.k. here goes

People I have been:

  • I was a Bohemian in the 1950s, hanging out in 100 Jazz Club in London,listening to Humphrey Lyttleton, Chris Barber, Cy Laurie.

  • a prissy twinset and pearls-type in the 1960s in the Far East

  • a hippy-dippy Uni. Student in the 1970s

  • a kaftan clad bejewelled fashion plate in the Middle East in the 1980s

  • a menopausal lady-in-black in the 1990s

  • and now, my coming of age – a happy, wellie-boot shod, mattock- wielding, peasant gardener.

And just to prove it, here’s a pic, standing by the horse manure doing some emergency panic-watering of the trees with grey water in 40C.

Here’s the thing about handing the baton on: if you ask permission first, you probably won’t get it! Just hope I don’t make any enemies. You could send me rude comments.

Colin and Carol in northern Spain
Garden Girl in Canada
Quinta das Abelhas in Portugal
Stuart in Australia Garden Blog Directory
Yolanda in the Netherlands

You lucky two other blogging buddies who are taking a much-needed break in the sun – you know who you are – have managed to escape this!



6 comments:

La Gringa said...

Well done!

I like your gardening outfit! You are a woman who knows who she is. BTW, I love your profile picture. The red clothes and red flowers are beautiful and you have such a happy, well-contented look about you.

So, we're still friends?

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOO, rude comment! :-D
I wish I hadn't visited you now.
You're one wicked lady, in both senses of the word. :-)

But joking aside, you're a fun loving woman and that's great! You look good too, much better than you ever did, judging by your own descriptions. ;-)

I just thought of something good: now you'll have to visit me tomorrow to see what havock you have wreaked (sp?). Either your guilt will drive you or your curiosity but probably both. :-)

cheerio!

LadyLuz said...

I'll be there!

LadyLuz said...

Oh and La Gringa - amigas siempre.

Colin and Carol said...

You got me!
tagged

Quinta das Abelhas said...

aarrrgggh! yes, you are definitely wicked. but seeing as you posted that very cool photo of yourself what choice do i have but to play along?!